•want safe and healthy beaches?
•want to surf, dive, fish, and play in clean ocean water?
•worry about the disappearing bull kelp beds that provide a balanced habitat for our local marine life?
•care about public beach access?
We’d love to have you join our team! The Surfrider Foundation Mendocino County Chapter is a grassroots volunteer organization. There are many different ways to get involved and a variety of roles to suit your interests and skills. If you have any special interests or skills please let us know. Email us here.
- Water Sample Collectors: Collect water samples weekly from local beaches and send to county lab for processing. (April – October)
- Environmental Educators: Make environmental education presentations to local schools and businesses.
- Beach Clean-Up Helpers: Assist with beach clean ups. Help arrange school and other community groups to participate.
- Tabling Helpers: Assist at the Surfrider information table during events and beach clean-ups.
- Social Media: Develop and maintain our Facebook page.
- Ocean Friendly Restaurants Campaign: liaison with local restaurants to encourage environmentally friendly practices for to-go packaging and recycling.