Meeting place: Walt and Jackie’s
Present: Rod & Julie, Bob & Joan, Jason, John & Melissa, Dave & Diane, Walt & Jackie, Dave W., Victoria
Minutes of previous meeting approved
Treasurer’s report: Jackie – A new account has been created at the Credit Union.
Membership: Julie – Our Chapter membership has increased to 125 members as of Sept. 2011.
• Blue Water Task Force – Rod, John W., Skip, & Victoria are doing tests. All results OK this season.
• A compilation of water test results in the state is posted online at Review Healthebay.org
Coastal Access & Enhancement
• Bob W. reported on Virgin Creek trail. Acquisitions by state are stalled due to economy.
• Dave W. will contact The Conservation Fund and The Nature Conservancy regarding possible acquisition of the properties. The Coastal Conservancy has not been forthcoming with acquisition.
• John W. has organized documentation of access to Smugglers Cove. Ten forms were completed and returned to him, and are also in the Coastal Commission files.
• A vote was taken to support expanded boundaries of the Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary, as put forward in Bill #HR 192. This passed with a unanimous vote.
• Rise Above Plastic (RAP) has organized an annual beach cleanup for Oct. 1 – No volunteer for this activity.
• Coastal Clean Up – Sept. 17 (Sat.) – 9:00-11:30 at Ward Ave. – Diane D. will be beach captain.
NEXT MEETING: Jan. 14, 2012 – 4:00 – Walt & Jackie’s
Just a friendly reminder…
The Mendocino County chapter of the Surfrider Foundation will be sponsoring the Beach Cleanup at Ward Avenue from 9 to 11:30 a.m. this Saturday, September 17th. This year’s beach cleanup is in memory of Matt Coleman.
For those who weren’t aware, the beach at Ward Avenue is a “No Dog” beach. Snowy Plovers nest from Ward to the Ten Mile River and are protected under the endangered species act.
4:00 pm Welcome /Opening Comments
Announcements and Correspondence
Agenda additions & changes
Review /Acceptance last meeting minutes
Treasurer’s report – Jackie
Membership – Julie
4:10 Committee Reports
Blue Water Task Force-Jack C, Rodney, Victoria
Review Healthebay.org – Walt
Coastal Access and Enhancement
Virgin Creek – Bob
Smugglers Cove- John W
4:30 Old Business
5:00 New Business
Review congressional Bill H.R192.IH
Cabrillo Marine Aquarium Trip to Baja
Coastal Clean Up Sept 17 Ward Ave
5:30 Open discussion
5:40 Closing Comment
Schedule next meeting